Quarry Consulting has a contract opportunity for a Senior SAP ABAP Developer.
Location: Ottawa OR Mississauga ON
Duration: January 2022 to Dec. 15, 2023 – extension likely
Type: Remote BUT must be able to go on-site on a ad hoc basis
Security: Enhanced Reliability OR you have lived in Canada 5+ years
Nice to have:
Quarry Consulting is looking for Dotnet Developer on 6 months contract for our one of the client on hybrid work model.
Nice to have:
Mendix low code development platform
Bilingual Agile Project Manager – 12-14 month contract
Description; Project Manager with SCRUM certification to oversee the successful planning, user centered design and implementation of a new business critical application, upgrading from their current legacy application to a modern platform that will leverage automation and integration with other systems to reduce manual workload.
Quarry Consulting has a permanent employment opportunity for a Labour Market Economist/Analyst help support Canada’s energy transition as part of a project focused on labour market intelligence (LMI) gathering, publication and forecasting.
Location: Ottawa ON
Type: Hybrid – 3 days in office
Travel: Some travel will be required in Canada
Title: Project Manager
Location: Ottawa, On (hybrid)
The project manager role will support Canada’s energy transition as part of a project focussed on labour market intelligence (LMI) gathering, publication and forecasting. It will also directly impact the livelihoods of Canadians transitioning from other sectors of the economy into the electricity industry. And lastly, the project manager will assist in the creation of a training recognition system in Canada for emerging roles such as solar PV installer, Wind Turbine Technician and EV Charging Station Installer. As a member of a small but enthusiastic team, the successful candidate will report directly to the VP of Program Development and lead interactions with stakeholders including employers, unions, and post-secondary institutions. The Project Manager will identify, develop and oversee strategic projects from inception to implementation, ensuring alignment with mandate and strategic goals.
• Utilizes labour market information to identify geographical and sectoral growth needs, opportunities and priorities to advance and support workforce development and participation in the Canadian electricity sector.
• Identifies key stakeholders and initiatives and develops/maintains relationships with and between electricity sector stakeholders (including employers, unions and post-secondary institutions)
• Designs, manages and monitors project activities to ensure high quality deliverables on time and on budget. Identifies and mitigates project risks
• Plans, organizes and facilitates national project steering committee meetings and provides support to steering committee members as needed.
• Responsible to manage budgets and all project activities in alignment with funder requirements., including monitoring and reporting on the project financial progress, calculating and reporting cash and in-kind contributions.
• Establishes key performance measurement strategies to monitor the effectiveness of individual activities and program impact.
• Leads the process of engaging consultant services (through competitive processes) and subsequent management of consultants to successfully achieve project deliverables.
• Works closely with marketing and stakeholder engagement teams to achieve project objectives and ensures all parties and stakeholders are informed of project progress.
• Excellent stakeholder engagement abilities and experience participating in complex project proposal writing and submission processes to support identification and securing new sources of funding for initiatives.
• Represents at the federal/provincial/territorial levels and with other organizations.
• Provide supervision, direction, coaching and mentoring to project staff.
• May perform other duties as required by the organization from time to time.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• A university degree in a related discipline (such as Public Administration, Business Administration or Labour Market Economics) with a minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in a management role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of labour market economics.
• Experience coordinating with and influencing various stakeholder groups (employers, unions and post-secondary institutions considered a strong asset).
• Experience in project management (Project Management Professional – PMP designation considered an asset).
• Experience managing federally/provincially funded projects is a definite asset.
• Strong communication (report writing), facilitation and collaborative skills.
• Ability to present to sophisticated external audiences
• Experience in conducting and interpreting qualitative and quantitative research (an asset).
• Strong computer skills including MS Office products, data management, Internet research, etc.
• Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
• Ability to travel across Canada as required.
Location: Hybrid 4-6x a month onsite (downtown Ottawa)
Contract: 1 year to start with possibility of extension for 3 years
Clearance: Secret - able to get (10 consecutive years in Canada)
Under the direction of Assistant Director, Database and Middleware Services:
· Restore services as soon as possible; participate in root-cause analysis; develop and implement permanent solutions to problems; and establish mechanisms to monitor, track and report on service levels using metrics
· Contribute to all middleware initiatives required for platform maintenance and evolution
· Implement configuration management for middleware infrastructure
· Identify causes and implement solutions to more complex/uncommon business problems in a multi- functional setting, assessing, and communicating issues of technology impact on the functional/corporate level
· Participate in the installation and configuration of Oracle Fusion middleware: Oracle WebLogic, Forms and reports, Oracle Internet Directory and SOA Suite
· Provide technical expertise of the Oracle database and application server architecture
· Deliver results under limited supervision and follow a general work plan, check progress, report deviations, identify issues and seek guidance as appropriate
· Provide operational support for the Middle tier environment
· Other related activities and deliverables as required
Required Qualifications & Skills
The Consultant should have the following qualifications and skills:
· A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience with Oracle WebLogic Application Server (version 10.3 or higher in standard and clustered mode)
· demonstrated experience in installation and configuration of Oracle Fusion middleware, such as Forms and reports, Oracle Internet Directory and SOA Suite
· Demonstrated Middleware experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of messaging technologies such as JMS or IBM MQ or AMQ
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Oracle database and application server architecture
The following will also be considered:
· Demonstrated knowledge of OpenShift version 3.x and 4.x
· Demonstrated experience with IBM DataPower
· Demonstrated experience with IBM WebSphere Portal
· Demonstrated experience in Unix administration
· Demonstrated knowledge Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid
· Demonstrated experience working with J2EE application server such as IBM WebSphere or Redhat JBoss EAP 6/7.x
Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Ottawa, On (Hybrid remote and onsite)
Contract Length: Permanent
Education, Experience and Skills
· Degree, Diploma or five years experience in a relevant field (e.g. marketing, communications, public relations, journalism);
Quarry Consulting is looking for a Azure System Engineer/Administrator
Duration: 2 options: 6-month contract or a Permanent position
Security: Have to have lived in Canada for 5+ years
· Implement and manage infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) in the Azure cloud and private cloud
· Utilize Infrastructure as Code (IaaC) principles, deployment methodologies to provision cloud services using ARM templates, PowerShell, Azure CLI, DSC, Azure DevOps
· Manage Azure DevOps pipelines for the infrastructure group in collaboration with the DevOps Team
· Assist in defining and implementing security architecture standards including data encryption, application security, key management, identity management, authentication, authorization, infrastructure security
· Support private cloud infrastructure utilizing VMware and Nutanix technologies
· Implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions to provide data redundancy, resilience, and data loss prevention
· Assist in capacity planning
· Optimize services to provide scalable, stable, secure and highly performant systems
· Implement and maintain environment monitoring using the Azure Monitor suite.
WHO WE´RE LOOKING FOR
· Min 2 years of experience in the following:
Professional Skills Qualifications:
Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Ottawa, On (Hybrid)
Are you looking for a role with a fun, flexible, and inclusive employer? Come join the team at Quarry! Quarry Consulting was founded in 2011 and since then we have built a solid reputation delivering quality consulting and staffing services for a variety of industries and sectors across Canada.
Our advisory services help public and private sector organizations successfully implement transformation initiatives with positive impacts on their operations. Digital and IT modernization, business process redesign, customer/citizen experience (Cx), change management and stakeholder communications are a few of the areas where we help our clients achieve stronger results. Our staffing services provide high quality and responsive contract staffing, contract-to-hire, permanent placement, managed staffing/service, and payroll solutions.
Quarry Consulting is currently expanding our operations team, looking for a proposal writer/manager to join our ranks. The role will have exposure to and interaction with all facets of our business. The role requires high attention to details, excellent time and prioritization skills and willingness to be flexible and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities as they arise.
As the successful candidate, you will offer experience in having written and submitted winning proposals to public and private sector clients, scoping out opportunities and contributing to go-no go decisions with senior leadership, and provide business strategy support in developing client deliverables. Most importantly, you love to be part of a dynamic team and have fun while you work!
In this role, you will:
We would like you to have:
Title: Database Automation Consultant
Location: Ottawa, On
Duration: 12 months with possibility if extension
The Consultant will be responsible for providing the following Services:
· Work with existing ITS teams as well as the business clients to create new automated services related to Database management and operations
· Identify new automation opportunities for internal clients and convert those new opportunities to realized value
· Develop standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well as work instructions or ‘runbooks’ used for end-user support
· Support the Database team for automation of the infrastructure
· Respond to service requests in the system
· Troubleshoot and diagnose incidents and problems
· Other related activities and deliverables, as required
Required Qualifications & Skills
The Consultant should have the following qualifications and skills:
· A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in working with tools and scripting for automation.
· Demonstrated experience in automation of day-to-day Database administrative activities
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Database administration and support, including the operational capabilities and typical challenges of IT Operations
· Demonstrated experience working with Oracle 19c
· Demonstrated experience working with SQL Databases 2016 and higher
· Demonstrated ability to drive the development process (supporting continuous integration and deployment) from idea to implementation
· Demonstrated experience with scalable and highly available service-oriented architectures
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies, solutions and best practices
· Demonstrated experience with automation solutions such as OEM, CCM and/or SCOM
· Demonstrated scripting experience (T-SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, etc.)