Quarry Consulting has a contract opportunity for a Senior Java Full-Stack Developer.
Location: Ottawa / Toronto Ontario – Remote
Duration: 6 months – extensions likely
Security: Enhanced Reliability or have lived in Canada for 5 or more years
Title: Senior Systems Engineer - Ottawa Location
Duration: Perm Employment
Location: Remote - Ottawa ON
Title: Senior Network Engineer
Duration: 9 months with possibility of extension
Location: ONSITE - Ottawa, On
We have a client looking for a Senior Network resource who can and likes to do provisioning but also has experience with Network Design.
• Pure Cisco shop (a Cisco cert is great but experience trumps certs)
• There might be some network design required but focus should be on someone who can and likes doing provisioning
• Mostly manual configuring but they are automating some
• Scription would be a nice to have (Python)
• Understanding/exp. With VoIP and wireless is great but not mandatory
• Must be open to doing network audit duties
• Using some Ansible in house but will be transitioning to SDA and DNAC in 1-2 years
Contract Length: 6 months with possibility of extension
Location: Ottawa, 80%-90% remote
About the Role
As a Java Developer you will support the business needs of our sales, finance, engineering, operations, and service/support teams by developing our enterprise tools. As a key member of our enterprise software development team, you will be responsible for the configuration, programming, support, maintenance, training, and overall improvement of our various enterprise business systems. As a creative and resourceful problem-solver, you thrive in a fast-paced technology-forward environment.
What You'll Do:
• Write well-designed, testable code, mainly using Java and Spring Framework
• Integrate Enterprise Systems using RESTful APIs
• Maintain, suggest, implement and document improvements to the existing codebase
• Engage with various teams to capture business requirements and define technical specifications
• Manage, prioritize, and action Jira tickets
What You Bring:
• University degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience with Java development
• Familiarity with the UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
• Experience working with project management and VCS tools, such as Jira and Git/Bitbucket
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Languages: Java, SQL, Bash; Apex (Salesforce)
• Architecture: MVC architecture
• Frameworks: Spring Framework
• Tools: Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Eclipse, VS Code
• Hosting: Amazon AWS
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with the Salesforce development stack
• Experience with Bash scripts
• Knowledge of Docker
• Familiarity with CI/CD tools
Title: Senior Network Consultant
Location: Ottawa, On (90% remote)
With deep subject-matter expertise, the Senior Network Consultant delivers on PS engagements and supports pre-sales opportunities. The SNC supports the Sales team by developing and aligning technical customer requirements to hardware, software, or professional services solutions by providing Product-specific analysis and insights resulting in recommendations.
Responsible for the execution of PS consulting and implementation engagements. Being the primary delivery resource on implementation engagements, the SE is responsible for maintaining high levels of technical competency and relevant technical certifications to ensure delivery is aligned to both the delivery framework as well as Vendor-driven best practices.
• Delivers consulting engagements (i.e. Assessments/gap analysis, strategies, Architecture, Design, etc.) and implementation projects (e.g. build, upgrade, etc.).
• Installs and configures software and/or hardware according to the design and best practice guideline for product implementation.
• Assists in the proposal process by developing the technical response to RFPs, RVDs, and other sales related vehicles which includes product research, competitive analysis, write-up, architecture & design and testing in the LA.
• Interfaces with internal and external subject-matter experts to verify the accuracy of the technical deliverables.
• Ensures that company deadlines for assigned vendor certification compliance are met which includes keeping required existing certifications up to date while completing newly assigned certifications.
• Ensures ongoing development on assigned technical and consulting expertise which includes the potential need to attend online, boot camp, ITL, knowledge base, self -study, shadowing, mentoring, webinars, seminars, workshops, or hands-on training in Lab.
Required Technical and Functional Competencies
• Demonstrated knowledge of Network and Security Technologies, solutions and concepts.
• 5+ years of professional experience with Network and Security infrastructure architecture, design and implementation, including:
• Data Center Routing & Switching
• Campus Routing & Switching & Wireless
• Storage Networking (UCS, Nexus 9Ks)
• Security – Firewalls/Intrusion Prevention System (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
• Application delivery controllers
• Cisco ISE
• Demonstrated familiarity with Cloud Connectivity (AWS and Azure).
• Demonstrated understanding of virtualization (VMWare), including functionality to new NSX-T replacement deployments. Examples include Cisco, Palo Alto and others.
• Demonstrated experience present information of a technical nature to all levels of an organization. Including provision of support services and training.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
• Experience in working independently and as a team player.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to perform under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
Education & Certifications
• University degree or college diploma in technology and 5+ years of relevant consulting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Cisco CCIE
• Cisco CCNP (Routing & Switching or Security or Data Center)
• Certifications from one or more of the following vendors is considered an asset.:
o F5 (F5-CA/LTM/GTM/APM)
o Brocade (BCNE/BCFP)
o Palo Alto Network (Certified Network Security Engineer)
o ISC (CCSP or CISSP) • Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) certification an asset
We are hiring Firmware Manager on direct hire for our one of the client having 10 years of experience in Low Level C firmware including managerial skill set.
Location: Kanata, Ottawa, ON
Relocation facilities will be provided by company
Salary Range: 120K to 150K based on the level of experience determined by HM
Nice to Haves:
Quarry Consulting has an immediate contract opportunity for an Azure DevOps Release & Configuration Management Consultant.
Location: Ottawa Ontario – Remote
Duration: Immediate - 4 months – possible extensions
Security: Enhanced Reliability or have lived in Canada 5+ years
Quarry Consulting has a contract opportunity for a Cyber Security Solutions Architect
Duration: 1 year with a 2 year option
Clearance: A Secret clearance is required – Level 2
Required Qualifications & Skills
· University degree or college diploma in computer science, IT engineering, or cyber security
· A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in a Cyber Security role in organizations with more than 500 employees, using various high-availability solutions
· Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of security solutions
· Demonstrated experience with security Information and event management (SIEM) platforms (Splunk) and end-point detection and response (EDR) platforms (Tanium) is an asset
Demonstrated experience in the implementation of cyber security solutions in Microsoft Azure is an asset
The following will also be considered:
· Demonstrated ability to work with an enterprise architecture framework and group
· Demonstrated knowledge of principles and best practices in software architecture and architectural/design patterns and frameworks
· Demonstrated knowledge of implementing secure applications
The Consultant will be responsible for providing the following Services:
Location: Ottawa, Stittsville
Duration: Permanent role + Benefits - Hybrid model
Security: Secret Clearance OR you have lived in Canada for 10+ years to be eligible